10/31/11

Debbie Macomber's Christmas Cookbook



I had the pleasure of reading Debbie's Macomber's Newest cookbook for Christmas.  I loved it!  Some of the names of the recipes had me thinking twice, until I read the ingredients.  I plan on trying a few out for the holiday season.  
I don't normally go for cookbooks, as I honestly hate to cook.  My husband does most of the cooking and my 17 yr old too.  I will be keeping this one for sure.  
I think what made this cookbook so great for me was that it's more than a cookbook.  Debbie talks about crafts for the holidays, her family, etc.  this made the book seem personal.  I rather enjoy that.  She has some really good ideas and family stories in there that actually inspire me.  
The only thing I found wrong with my copy was all the H's seem to have disappeared in all the titles.  Oh well it didn't really bother me that much.  I got the book from Netgalley for nothing, so I'm not complaining!

3 comments:

DMS said...

I am with you- I hate cooking. My boyfriend does all the cooking. But- my mom loves to cook and she loves Debbie Macomber- so now I know what to get her for Christmas. Thanks SO much for sharing. I guess I will get to try the recipes one way or another. :)

~Jess
http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com

John Michael Cummings said...

Dear Tammy,

Can I interest you in reviewing my new book of fiction, UGLY TO START WITH, published last month by West Virginia University Press.

I've won awards for my writing. If you email me at johnmcummings@aol.com, I'll send you some information.

I would be grateful to hear from you.

Thank you.

Kindly,

John Michael Cummings

Unknown said...

So funny. I work full time but I'm so tired that cooking is the last thing on my mind. In the summer though, when I am off, I am always looking at new cookbooks to see if anything catches my fancy. I'm adding this one to my list.

Laura
thebooknerd2013.blogspot.com