9/13/11

Nora Roberts

Since I am in the middle of reading a few books that I promised I would do reviews on, I thought I would share a few titles by one of my favorite authors.  Nora Roberts is one of my favorite mystery/romance writers. Since I can't post about the books I am presently reading, I thought I'd share a few good books that I have enjoyed over the last year by her. (I am sorry that they aren't long reviews, but I haven't been feeling well as of late and am on medications.)

First up is BLUE SMOKE.  Reena, as a child, watches her family's pizza joint go up in flames.  That's when her interest in flames and fire starts.  Years later she becomes an arson investigator for the Boston Police Department.  She's a darn good one.  She buys her first house and starts seeing the guy next door that just happens to call her his dream girl from some years ago.  Of course, once things starting going good, they always end up going downhill shortly after.  She finds herself the object of a nasty revenge plot.  Can she save her family, her new man and herself? Read the book to find out.

Next up is Northern Lights.  Nate, the chief of police mets Meg and is interested to say the least!  The romance is between them but so is the mystery of what happened to Meg's father 16 years ago.  Will they discover what happened or did he just up and leave?

Last but not least is High Noon.  Phoebe,  a Lieutenant and the top hostage negotiator for Savannah, meets Duncan when one of his employees is on the roof of a building threatening to jump.  He's interested in her and she feels the same, but doesn't think she has time for romance with being a single mom and having a mother who can't bring herself leave the house.  Phoebe ends up getting attacked and turns to Duncan. From there the mystery and romance evolve.


***Next post I do will be about some Harlequinn books. There are a few that I read a few months ago and liked. ***

2 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks so much for the kind words you left on my blog. They made my day!

I haven't read anything by Nora Roberts, but BLUE SMOKE sounds really intriguing. I'll have to put it on reserve at my library. Thanks for the recommendation. Can't wait to get lots more from you :)

Anonymous said...

New follower :) Hope you come visit me sometime.

theawesomemagicattic.blogspot.com